The Scars of Fire

In most of the huts across South Africa – they make a fire in the middle of the room for heating and cooking purposes. Often, however, the smoke and carbon dioxide overwhelms the person making the fire and they pass out. This is what happened to this gentleman when he was a young boy and he fell INTO the fire and passed out. When he came round he had lost part of his foot and hand… Another victim of extreme poverty in our rural areas.

All permissions required have been received in order to allow us to post
this article.