Are you including pumpkin seeds in your diet? If you don’t enjoy chomping down on a handful of pepitas, try making raw pumpkin seed milk. It is loaded with nutrients, and is absolutely delicious.
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds – soaked
- 3 cups filtered, OR spring water
- 1 tablespoon raw honey (optional for sweeter milk)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (optional for a creamier milk) (see recipe in our dressings, dips, sauces & pastes section)
- Blender or food processor, glass bottle or mason jar
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a glass bowl or large jar, and cover with filtered or spring water for about 4 hours.
- Rinse the pumpkin seeds several times.
- Put pumpkin seeds and water in your blender or food processor and start blending at low speed. Quickly accelerate to high speed until all of the seeds are completely smooth and creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator in a glass bottle or mason jar.
- A good ratio of 3 cups of water for every 1 cup seeds is a good rule of thumb when making pumpkin seed milk.
- Consume unstrained for the most nutritional benefit.
- Sweeten to taste if desired, and if you want richer milk, add the coconut butter.
- If you would like super smoother pumpkin milk, strain the milk with a nut bag, fine mesh strainer, cheesecloth or muslin bag. The nut bag will facilitate the smoothest consistency.