Gut Health Support
Happy Belly Green Soup
This soup is fast, simple, and belly-friendly and can be an accompaniment to breakfast, lunch or dinner. You can have it in all seasons, just switch up seasonal veggies and spices. Once you get a hang of the process, you will be able to create your favourite variations. Make it thinner or thicker, depending on your preference. Feel free to add hemp seeds, avocado, almond or coconut milk for a richer variation.
Once you start introducing solids back into your program you can serve it with sprouted toast, eggs, or quinoa. Plenty of variations are possible, so trust your taste buds!
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (see recipe in our spices section)
- 1-inch slice of ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 handful of fresh cilantro / coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, or kale
- 4 cups fresh zucchini (baby marrows) or broccoli, or cauliflower, or any seasonal vegetable
- 4 cups filtered, or spring water, or non-dairy milk
- Juice from fresh lime, or lemon to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons hemp seeds (optional)
- Heat the organic coconut oil in a large stock pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and chopped ginger, stirring, until translucent.
- Add the curry powder and salt to taste and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the zucchini or vegetables of choice and stir to mix well.
- Add enough water to cover the zucchini and bring to a boil before turning down the heat and allowing the soup to simmer for 10 minutes, or until the zucchini is just tender.
- Using a blender or food processor, purée the zucchini mixture with spinach, cilantro, water or non-dairy milk, and hemp seeds. Add more hot water if the soup is too thick.
- Transfer back to the pot and bring to a simmer and season with black pepper and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Serve while hot and enjoy!