Good Salt Is Not Your Enemy

When consumed in moderation, good sea or Himalayan salt provides trace minerals which are missing in many chronic disorders, including cardiovascular disease.

Do Not Consume Regular Table Salt

Processed table salt is an unnatural chemical form of salt – Excessive drying heat (>1200ºF) alters natural chemical structure of the salt.  “Chemically cleaned” table salt is 97.5% sodium chloride (devoid of trace minerals) and the other 2.5% is iodine and chemicals E.g. moisture absorbents, such as calcium carbonate, magnesium carbonate, and aluminium hydroxide. (Aluminium deposits into your brain – potentially a cause of Alzheimer’s disease).

Too Much Salt Is as Bad as Too Little

Average person consumes an excessive daily 4-6 grams, some as much as 10 grams – processed table salt is found in almost all processed foods and also added at the table.

Excess Salt depletes body’s cellular water – water molecules must surround the sodium chloride to break them up into sodium and chloride ions in order to help neutralize them. This takes water from your cells. Your body uses 23 times the amount of cell water to neutralize every gram of sodium chloride that your body cannot get rid of. This causes excess fluid in your body tissue, which can contribute to cellulite, rheumatism, arthritis, gout, and kidney / gall bladder stones.  

Read on….


Information does not replace the advice of your physician or other health care provider. Before undertaking any course of treatment, the reader must seek the advice of their physician or other health care provider.