A food allergy is a measurable response to consuming a specific food. Food allergies or intolerances can be caused by a condition known as leaky gut (intestinal permeability), when proteins and food particles can pass through the gut and cause systemic body inflammation.
Food intolerance is the body’s digestive system response to a disagreeable food. There are a variety of types of food intolerances, with the most common being gluten and A1 casein.
In addition, lactose is a common food intolerance. Why? Well, most dairy is pasteurized, which may destroy the enzyme lactase and that makes the lactose difficult to digest.
Other examples of food intolerances include food additives like coloring, flavoring and preservatives. Also, sulfites — that are used in dried fruits, canned goods and wine — can trigger an inflammatory reaction.
Food allergies consist of an immune system response to a disagreeable food. The body senses that a protein in a particular food may be harmful and triggers an immune system response, producing histamine to protect itself. The body “remembers” this and when this food enters the body again, the histamine response is more easily triggered.
If these food allergies persist, they can eventually lead to autoimmune conditions. Following a proper eating plan that can help you overcome most food allergies in 6-12 months.
Try this food allergies natural treatment and remedies plan for the fastest road to recovery.
Non-Allergenic Food List
These are the best foods that are least likely to cause a reaction:
- Green leafy vegetables: These provide important minerals and B vitamins to improve immune function.
- Vary your diet: Variation in the diet will prevent the development of food allergies; also, consider eating seasonally. See: Eat from The Rainbow & WFPB Diet
- Probiotic rich foods: Probiotic foods support immune health and can help repair damaged intestinal lining.
- Vegan Bone Broth: Vegan Bone Broth as it replenishes the intestines with necessary amino acids and minerals necessary for repair.
- Breast milk for infants: This is the best way to prevent food allergies in your child.
Top Foods to Avoid
- Allergen Triggers: Avoid anything that triggers an allergic response, which can often include foods like cows dairy, eggs, gluten, soy and peanuts. Doing the Elimination Diet is a great way to determine food intolerances.
- Artificial flavourings and Colourings: These can exacerbate food allergies.
- Sugar: It can cause bad bacterial overgrowth and increase food intolerances.
- Gluten: A gluten sensitivity can cause you to believe you are allergic to several foods, even when you are not.
- Packaged foods: May contain GMO’s like corn, soy, canola and vegetables oils that cause food allergies.
Food Allergies Natural Treatment
Here are the top remedies to help overcome food allergies and food intolerances.
#1 Probiotics – Good bacteria can help the immune system deal with food more favorably. See sauerkraut
#2 MSM (1000 mg 2x daily) – Can keep allergens from moving into the bloodstream. DBM prefer MSM powder. Speak to your DBM Physician for guidance on this,
#3 Vitamin B5 – For vegan sources of Vitamin B5 which supports adrenal function and helps with allergy control, See Food For Life: Natural Sources: Vitamin B5