Homemade Almond Butter Recipe
Yield 1.5 cups
- 3 cups organic raw almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or pink Himalayan salt (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 250
- Place almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and warm in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- If you want a roasted flavor, leave the almonds in the oven a little longer until they are warm and golden brown. *note: you can skip this step but I find the warm almonds turn into almond butter faster then room temperature almonds, so I prefer to start with them warm.
- Place warmed almonds into your food processor and pulse a few times until the almonds have begun to break down.
- Then let the processor run, stopping whenever you need to scrape the almonds off the sides of the processor.
- Once the oil releases from the almonds it will become very smooth and creamy.
- This is what you are looking for. Be patient, it can take anywhere between 15-25 minutes.